Thursday, December 28, 2006

Faith is good; but how much ?????

Caution n Warning: Strictly for those who can understand Hindi written in English alphabets.

I went to one of my Tai Ji's and Tau Ji's house who live nearby. They are very old and the age reflects on thier body well enuf. Both of them are almost bed-ridden coz of illness and diseases which come as a parcel with old age. A small part of the discussion I had there:

Tai: ab bhagwan inko kitna kasht dega. Hamari halat bahut kharab hai beta.
Tau: beta (addressing me, that is).. ek park hai. usme 10 bacche khel rahe hai. sab bahut khus hai. Tum sabko jakar chocolate de sakte ho, toffee de sakte ho ... koi rokega ?
Me: nahi tau ji ... (still trying to guess what may come)
Tau: ab tum chanta (slapping i.e.) kisko maar sakte ho?
Me: jo apna ghar ka ho ... jaise agar mera bhai ya beta ho tab ...
Tau: haan, paas wale ghar ke ladke ko nahi naa maroge. Bhagwan mujhe apne ghar ka samajhte hai, isliye to chanta maar rahe hai. Isme ghabrane ki kya baat hai .... Hare Krishna.

and I started brooding ... Faith is good ... but where does it end ???????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed. That is some perspective! It's time like these when I realise that I have a long long way to go.